SHAUN OF THE DEAD In 60 Seconds Scott Pilgrim Style



Written By: Ken Hulsey
Source: Bleeding Cool

Okay, you all should be aware of my love for everything Simon Pegg and Nick Frost related by now. I feel that they are the brightest comedy duo to come along in a long .... long .... long time and I feel that their latest film "Paul" was highly underrated by critics and fans alike.

That being said I would like to turn everyone on to this little bit of animation that I discovered on Youtube. This piece is the handy work of an animator who calls himself (herself?) "Pippinopalon" and I think that you will agree that it is bloody brilliant!

Here is the low-down from Pippinopalon:

My entry into the Empire/Jameson Done in 60 Seconds Competition 2011!

This is basically my love letter to all things Edgar Wright/Scott Pilgrim! I saw and read Scott Pilgrim in the summer of last year, and it had such a massive impact I decided to make this to vent my creative juices!

interesting fact - I did a cracking caricature of Bill Nighy but I had to leave it out in the end. Shame :(

I did the voices for Shaun and Ed and my mum kindly lent her vocal chords for Liz and Daisy... I Mean Yvonne!

Must be a dude if he did the voices of Shaun and Ed ..... hey you never know on the internet .... still don't I guess ..... could be a deep voiced woman ..... maybe?

Anyway .... great work!

Ed: What's the plan then?
Shaun: Right.
[cuts to dream sequence]
Shaun: We take Pete's car, we drive over to Mum's, we go in, take care of Philip - "I'm so sorry, Philip" - then we grab Mum, we go over to Liz's place, hole up, have a cup of tea and wait for this whole thing to blow over.
Ed: Why have we got to go to Liz's?
Shaun: Because we do.
Ed: But she dumped you!
Shaun: I have to know if she's all right!
Ed: Why?
Shaun: Because I love her!
Ed: All right... gayyy... I'm not staying there, though.
Shaun: Why not?
Ed: If we hole up, I wanna be somewhere familiar, I wanna know where the exits are, and I wanna be allowed to smoke.
Shaun: Okay.
[cuts to dream sequence again]
Shaun: We take Pete's car, go round Mum's, go in, deal with Philip - "Sorry, Philip!" - grab Mum, go to Liz's, pick her up, bring her back here, have a cup of tea and wait for this whole thing to blow over.
Ed: Perfect!
Shaun: No, no, no, no, no, wait, we can't bring her back here.
Ed: Why not?
Shaun: Well, it's not really safe, is it?
Ed: Yeah, look at the state of it.
Shaun: Where's safe? Where's familiar?
Ed: Where can I smoke?
[Shaun and Ed pause then slowly make a realisation]
Shaun: [cuts to dream sequence a third time] Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?
Ed: Yeah, boyyyeee!
[Shaun and Ed clang their weapons together]

See Also: Paul (2011)(Universal)

Univerasl Picks Up the Tab For PAUL Roadtrip

Shaun of the Dead - Bash 'Em In The Head - T-Shirt

Celluloid Philosophers - Shaun

Hot Fuzz (2007)(Rogue Pictures)

Star Trek (2009)(Paramount) / Pegg Makes His Portrayal Of Scotty A Tribute To Doohan / Simon Pegg Reaches Out To Star Trek Fans / Has Simon Pegg Burned His Star Wars Bridge? / Is Edgar Wright Planning A Gorgo Remake? / Pegg, Wright, And Frost Set To Cause The Worlds End

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flashback Friday: Godzilla vs The Gryphon

Skyhigh (TV Series)(2003-2004)

Popular posts from this blog

Sexy Model Bettie Page Notorious Erotic Pin Up Goddess

BETTIE PAGE'S SECRET LIFE AS AN UNDERCOVER OPERATIVE IN 1950S HOLLYWOOD HAS BEEN DECLASSIFIED!

Starcrash (1979)(New World Pictures)

Elvira, Mistress of the Dark Coming To Comics From Dynamite

What Are Celebrities Doing For Halloween? - Part 1

New Toy Tuesday: Godzilla, Star Trek, Star Wars, Daleks and Flying Gamera

BOOM! STUDIOS ANNOUNCES KONG: GODS OF SKULL ISLAND

Flashback Friday: Godzilla vs The Gryphon

Geek-O-Rama: Throwing It All Away

Popular posts from this blog

Sexy Model Bettie Page Notorious Erotic Pin Up Goddess

Hailey Clauson, Ashley Graham and Ronda Rousey A Sports Illustrated Swimsuit First! Three Covers; Three Cover Models

"The Brain That Wouldn't Die" Being Remade In Oregon - First Images

Top of the morning to ye today everyone is a little bit Irish

Notice To Godzilla Fans In Japan

Wonder Woman (1942-1986 1st Series DC) #191, December 1970 Issue - DC Comics

Godzilla 2: First Set Photos ... More Monsters?

UFO - Fighting Aliens In A Super Sexy Future!

What Are Celebrities Doing For Halloween? - Part 1

A Millenial Reviews: ‘Star Trek’ Is a Blatant, Boring Rip-Off of ‘Star Wars’