The Young Jedi Wore Levis - Mark Hamill 'Star Wars' Revelations


From Yahoo Movies

One evening a long time ago, Mark Hamill sat in an early screening of "The Empire Strikes Back." Suddenly, as a crucial plot point was revealed, from a neighboring seat Harrison Ford whipped around and exclaimed, "I didn't know that!" Ford, who played Han Solo alongside Hamill's Luke Skywalker, hadn't been apprised of the fact that Darth Vader was Luke's father until he saw it onscreen for the first time.

As Hamill recounted the story in a Reddit AMA chat on Wednesday, he revealed he was the third person on the planet to learn what was arguably the biggest movie spoiler of all time. "[Director] Irvin Kershner brought me aside and said, 'I know this, George [Lucas] knows this, and you'll be the third person who knows. If it goes out we'll know you leaked it,'" the 62-year-old typed speedily online. "I was terrified of being the one to ruin it."

Unlike one of Quentin Tarantino's script readers, Hamill stayed tight lipped. "I'm worried about Episode VII," he admitted of the upcoming J.J. Abrams-helmed continuation. "They're going after casting sheets! I'm someone who doesn't want to know what I'm getting for my birthday."

Hamill went full disclosure, answering dozens of fan questions, revealing details on a deleted scene (that only superfans know of), and even getting buddy-buddy with Chewbacca actor Peter Mayhew, who dipped into the chat. Here are nine awesome "Star Wars" truths revealed by Hamill on Wednesday:

1. The Blue Milk of Luke's Home Planet Is Nasty.

It was ghastly! ... It's moments like that when I think, boy, I really am a good actor since I didn't gag. ... I don't know if they still make it. It's sweet and syrupy and yucky. If you want to try it go to a camping store and drop some blue food coloring in it and there you go.

READ MORE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Brain That Wouldn't Die" Being Remade In Oregon - First Images

Darna - Whatever You Do Don't Call Her Wonder Woman

Godzilla Takes Hollywood By Force